Machine learning and AI advances have made automated ad creation a reality.
Automated ad creation, a feature that leverages machine learning and AI to create and serve ads with a minimum amount of content input during setup, is offered by Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and Bing Ads. The primary goal of automated ads is to get action from your audience.
How Do Automated Ads Work?
Pre-existing website content, particularly graphics and images, is leveraged by Facebook. The configuration is fairly simple. Tell your goals to Facebook, add an ad copy, your destination URL, and the target audience you want, and you’re up and running. You do need to have the Facebook pixel implemented on your site to track the response.
For both display ads and smart ads, Google provides automated ad creation.
Advanced Ad Automation:
- Based on a user search query, Dynamic Keyword Insertion enables the search engine to populate specific keywords into an ad copy. This feature is best used in advertisements in general.
- When functions are used for CTAs, especially for targeting device types such as mobile device calls or personal assistants, they can be particularly powerful.
- To an ad, timers add urgency. They require a little configuration, but Google takes care of the rest of the work once created.
Advantages of Automated Ads:
- These ads are designed to be optimized for you by search engines. As such, the longer they run, the search engines can learn from the user response, they produce the best results.
- Instead of depending on selected keywords, automated ads work based on your website or web page content. For the best performance, a well-optimized website is vital.
- A marketing team can respond to changes in trends and the market more quickly.