Mobile app engagement is the metric that provides a glimpse into an application’s success. It describes the activity intensity at an application. It monitors, in more simple terms, the frequency of any user becoming active on a particular application.
Developing a mobile app only succeeds if it gets a sufficient number of downloads along with appropriate engagement on the app. Therefore, to get the desired returns, it is essential to monitor the attendance status for each app regularly.
Engagement with mobile apps can be achieved through various methods such as enabling push notifications, in-app messaging, SMS & E-mail.
Push Notifications is a way of reaching out to your non-active users and plays an important role in preserving both old and new clients.
- Push notifications are essential when you focus on messaging strategy as it helps in retrieving the users back to the app
- Push notifications can increase app engagement
- Users look for offers and enticing proposals in the push notifications
Importance of Push Notification
- Stimulate user engagement
- Retain users
- Increase conversion rates
- Target right users
- Enhance brand consistency
In-app notifications are messages which appear when the user is active on the application on the screen.
- The response ratio of In-app messaging is 8 times higher than push messages
- In-app messaging has decreased the retention of new users
- The In-app messaging works great when used for app-based events giving a conversion ratio four times better than the other methodologies
Importance of In-App Messaging
- Reach your whole app audience
- Easy to author
- Highly personalized
There are various ways to use in-app messaging to engage users and increase the value of their customer’s lifetime. Here are the three best ways to do it.
- Grow your subscriber base
- Customize each segment
- Add in-app messaging without re-releasing your app
SMS appears as a pop-up on your mobile screen and lets you reach your targeted customers directly. SMS is not confined to the Internet and therefore allows you to communicate even if the users have not installed your app on their smartphones and are not connected to the internet.
- SMS campaign reaches a significant audience within a few minutes.
- Users claimed to have no unread texts in their device
- Consumers react to promotional SMS received from dealers or vendors
Importance of SMS
- Increase customer engagement, promote products and services
- Deliver immediate notifications to your audiences
- ROI is measurable
- Personal and value-added activity with a clear CTA
- Short messages are easily preferable by users
- SMS comes as a standard feature on most mobile phones around the world
- SMS messages produce engagement rates 6 to 8 times higher than e-mail
Email may not be a stimulating technology to enhance user engagement for a marketer, but it remains a vital component of a marketer’s arsenal. Universal emails are key to positive mobile user experience and create an excellent opportunity to drive customers and prospects into your app.
- Smartphone users prefer using the app for email purposes against surfing on websites
- The open email rate on the app is 50%
- A non-responsive email can get deleted by the user in 3 seconds, whereas responsive emails increase the click rate chance by 15%
Importance of E-mail
- Use e-mail to request feedback
- One of the most cost-effective ways of acquiring new users for your app
- E-mail allows people to foster long-lasting and long-distance communication
- E-mail easily triggered the user to get back into the application
- You can use deep links within e-mails to take users directly to a specific page within your app to your app store listing to install