Would you like to start an online business? Good, but are you confused with all the e-Commerce software available on the market today? Of the hundreds of options, you’re going to choose from? And if you’re reading through the reports, would you be able to grasp the pluses and the minuses? Or do you want to hire a consultant for the same thing?
Don’t worry; we’re going to give you two options that actually rule the business. This is supposed to simplify your burden.
SaaS (Software as a Service) is quickly up and running and easy to know and understand. There is no configuration needed and all is taken care of for a nominal charge. When you start collecting, a set amount of your sales would be paid indefinitely.
A custom e-Commerce approach is one in which you pay a specialist to record your requirements and then recruit developers to do the coding. You may also buy a domain name, get the hosting and upload keys, and get your website up and running. Nonetheless, you need to keep such encoders in order to manage and change your website when and when circumstances occur.
Comparing SAAS and Custom E-Commerce
- As a startup, if you’re setting up your business and don’t have time to understand the nuances of setting up a website, SaaS is the platform you need.
- You’re only purchasing a domain, so the service provider can set it up, so you will start making money in no time.
- At most, one day and you’re ready to make money.
- Cater to the majority of users with the generic structure. Minimal Scalability as you need to move within the established structure.
- Company extension is not feasible because of restrictions inside the applications.
- Shared servers can not handle heavy loads. Too many users and sites that either, a) crash, b) becomes inoperative for a few minutes, which implies a big loss of revenue.
- Poor servers mean poor extended search capability, (a) No Special Festive Bundles b) No Special Sale Codes c) No Custom Checkout Flow d) No Custom Shipping Discounts.
For Custom E-Commerce
- As a Startup, if you prefer to have the upper hand, have deep pockets, and are willing to walk the extra mile for long-term benefits; this is the way to go. However, you need to arrange for the following:
- Recruit a developer who designs the project, recruits coders, and utilizes open-source tools like Magento to build the application. Once completed, the rest is free, including hiring hosting, data center, etc.
- Initial expenses include consultants ‘services and coders’ wages for about 2-3 months.
- Total of 3 months to bring the program up and working. Nonetheless, more time may be needed for design changes and special facilities (say, one month more).
- Cater to everything in a personalized framework
- Fully flexible and with Ease, too.
- Company extension without limitations as apps can be personalized at any time.
- Both contributions received earlier have paid full dividends.
- Secure and the situation under total control.
- All sales revenue is yours, and you are free to use it as you wish.
- Robust Database & Datacenter can accommodate high loads quickly.
- Extended search power and infinite flexibility for (a) Premium Festive Bundles b) Premium Discount Codes c) Online Checkout Flow d) Online Delivery Discount e) Custom Look & Feel.