A business email is an email address marked in a way that makes it clear that it comes from a company and communicates from which company it comes. In practice, that usually means that it is an email address that was set up with the domain name of a company.
If the term is not known to you, the domain name is the URL on which the company’s website resides. So if your company’s website is www.xyz.com, it would look like a business email address like firstname.lastname@example.org.
After registering your business domain name, setting up a business email is a step that will come. But setting up your email is a good step to tackle next, once you have a domain name for your business.
How to Create a Business Email:
- Register your domain
- Sign up for web hosting
- Follow the instructions from your hosting provider to create your business email
- Choose your mail client
Benefits of having a Business Email:
- Business email shows professionalism
- It becomes an extension of your marketing and branding
- People are more likely to open emails from sources they recognize
- It makes it easier for potential customers to find you
- It makes it easier for people you contact to find your website
- It makes your relationship with others in your company clear
- Customers will know when emails are coming from you vs. spammers